Neuauflage des Rallye-Golf

Diskutiere Neuauflage des Rallye-Golf im Allgemein Forum im Bereich Golf 4 R32; kann den bitte mal jemand waschen....:D :D mfG Andi
  • Neuauflage des Rallye-Golf Beitrag #21
Bayernandi
Bayernandi
Punkte Reaktionen
Bin grad über neue Bilder gestolpert

IMG_5945w.jpg

kann den bitte mal jemand waschen....:D :D

mfG
Andi

• Neuauflage des Rallye-Golf Beitrag #22
SlasherHase
SlasherHase
Punkte Reaktionen
sehr geil... nur die domgeschichte sieht doof aus

• Neuauflage des Rallye-Golf Beitrag #23
MitohneTurbo
Schöne Bilder. :great: Den würd ich jetzt gern kärchern. :D

• Neuauflage des Rallye-Golf Beitrag #24
djapple2
djapple2
Punkte Reaktionen
hehe, das nenne ich "Verschleiß" :D

• Neuauflage des Rallye-Golf Beitrag #25
SwizzRace
SwizzRace
Punkte Reaktionen
ein video von der kiste wäre der hammer!
aber die bilder tun es vorerst auch :great: *buck*

• Neuauflage des Rallye-Golf Beitrag #26
Regenkönig
Regenkönig
Punkte Reaktionen
Sehr geile Bilder..:great:

Stimmt,n Video wär der Kracher..

Ist der auch R-folgreich..??

• Neuauflage des Rallye-Golf Beitrag #27
R-POWER
R-POWER
Punkte Reaktionen
Geile Bilder :great:
auf dem letzten Bild hat er ihn gerade mit dem neuen Liquid Glass eingerieben, ist ne spezial Formel *lol*

• Neuauflage des Rallye-Golf Beitrag #28
luxjemp
luxjemp
Punkte Reaktionen
Geile Bilder, meiner sah mal fast genauso aus *lol*

• Neuauflage des Rallye-Golf Beitrag #29
MeisteR32
Sehr geil!8)
Wo sind die Leistungsdaten von der Kiste?

• Neuauflage des Rallye-Golf Beitrag #30
Klaus
Klaus
Punkte Reaktionen
Das kurze Vid hatte ich unter die Bilder bereits gepostet http://youtube.com/watch?v=7wu9Y8KiCNY

Zu den Daten hier einiges vom Fahrer: *buck* :

Engine and tuning info? Ok here goes, hope I can give more answers than make more questions here.
Team NATURALLY race cars are powered by a VW 3.2L VR6 N/A engines. Rally America's rules for N/A engines allow for unlimited modifcation, and intake air restrictors are not required like force fed engines. Displacement multipliers are also much less than turbo'd engines. We build, modify and tune the engines ourselves on a superflow engine dyno. The engine is controlled by world renowned Pectel SQ6 racing ECU's and incorporates an equally world class data logging system. We use it to analyze wheel spin, engine and race data. The system will be polished off next year with a Pi Research Vids 2 video logging system that syncronizes video data, ecu data, logger data and GPS data for the quickest possible complete systems analasys. It is all about tyre selection and suspension setup in Rally so the quickest team to best match tyres, the clickers and diff ramps has an advantage. A Pectel WRC Driver Dash II displays data for the driver and is fully configurable.
Unable to find any aftermarket companies willing to help us develop a NA race motor, we had to do it ourselves. We mapped, programmed and wired our own ecu's and harnesses from scratch. The current race engine utilizes the stock crank, cam position sensors, and coolant temp sensor, the other sensors are from a variety of race scources. After profiling and testing the stock Bosch TTL coils, they are every bit a race worthy part, and have been very reliable. The stock throttle body has been only slightly modified and thanks to a signifigantly long day of low idle specific dyno tuning, it requires no Idle Air Circuit, MAF and eliminates EVAP contols. The engine also has a quiet mode for sound sensitive transits, transit and service park driveability, and sound test requirements.
Tuning the race engine specifically for power, and lower jacket temps gives a significant improvement in overall performance and torque characteristics, our highly accurate racing wideband lambda sensors and Pectel ECU allow tracking at levels not seen with any other combination.
The fuel system currently has some specific regulation and injectors but it's not FSI- Not yet anyway! Ole Buhl Racing is perfecting FSI in Volkswagen/Porsche race applications and we do look forward to getting it on the car. Some hardware problems still exists with how to control it properly. Our finished ram air airbox will be another help in power output and consistantly cooler charge air. The exhaust is our own design and is the best header available for a NA VR6 period. It is a custom design that fixes the tuning problem of "so called" equal leangth runners in the head. Ours is a 135/246 true left bank/right bank stainless steel header system with single exhaust collector and single race specific catalyst. The variable cam timing and variable manifold is a blessing and so desirable in a N/A racing engine. The variable timing is almost exactly the system in the Vanos and has been great to tune. When properly tuned they are just awesome and make such a wide and strong powerband. We do use the stock oil cooler and have had zero problems and good measurable heat exchange in various conditions. Our oil pans are custom made steel pans with trap doors and baffling for the air time and two wheeled nature of how we rally. A lightened single mass flywheel is utilized.
We have done quite a few things internally, A ton of work on the head, but untill we have finished all there is to do inside and proved the engine through a whole season there isn't any good reason to discuss it. Numerous aftermarket parts, hardware upgrades, cam profiles, porting changes, and manifold options have been tried and tested but since not one company has given us a break on parts or considered helping our cause as a team- we won't mention them or what we ended up with as our current race engine mod list. VF Engineering did give us a discount on our engine mounts and they have held up well. So far, we install a new complete set every three rallies.
Sorry - true HP and Tq numbers will stay our little secret until "Rally" longevity is achieved and verified. I tell people 300/300 as it seems to satisfy them and they quit asking. I can assure you with all the work we have done and running on 114 octane Sunoco Unleaded Quality Race Fuel It is strong, very very strong. I hope to get an article in Eurotuner or whatever when our total engine system is finallized. We should have the total system ready, tested and done by Febuary for 100 Acre Wood Rally in Missouri.

About your stock or modified VR6- It is my opinion as an engine builder and also quite a few top race engine engineers that we have worked with- that the R3.2 NA VR6 is quite the heavy duty little engine. Truly racing bred. AS with all engines there are always things that could be improved, and VW's always have some tricky methods of assembly! It is also a bit heavy, but that is ok as it will will allow for some internal modification and take an overheat situation that would kill most engines. Trust me we should have melted her down at STPR!- continuous nasty dirty conditions at 128 C (thats 265 F) with No damage, warping, or anything whatsover. The bottom end is a few easy mods away from rock solid and the head, variable cam timing and other ancillary sytems are very good! VW did a very good job, (minus the torque turn one time use hardware) and it is a very powerful and reliable engine in stock form. All involved were impressed with it. Tuners have something solid to start their work with. Unfortunately, I do believe that some of the Engine Dyno numbers we have seen with certain "as advertised" aftermarket parts, show signs of overly positive and over inflated HP gains. Consider though, that aftermarket tuners have proved it can handle massive turbo upgrades with relatively few mechanical changes compared to it's Japanese counterparts. Geman Engineering believers unite!

What was done to it. I made a custom larger bored OEM tb myself, but it did not make any gains on my NA engine. The new owner has been reporting great results on his FI .:R though.

Ours was opened up, "belled" if you will, gradually radiused to the plate and eliminating square edges. This yeilded almost no gains compared to stock unit. Until our airbox was tested. We develop just under an inch of ram air, and there was a small but noticeable difference between the smoothed TB and stock. The ram air loads up the top side of the airbox and has an abrupt turn into the filter and engine- not optimal so maybe smoother entry to the TB is just a minor remedy for our airbox design needing more work.

Did you find it necessary to switch to larger injectors?

Two for one here.
Not really necessary to have larger ones per say. We ended up with the injectors out of the 03 european R32's and a heavier regulator/ spring. We had enough of them to match flow a set and that also made a little gain for us. They are similar parts as the US but worked better on the dyno, go figure! They also didn't leak off when using Sunoco GT260+ race fuel mixed with high volumes of our commercial grade toululene/mme octane booster, mixed here in Casper by a friend at the Casper Sinclair refinery. Rob swears its good for ten points- I'm sceptical since our fuel is already 104 and gains are harder and harder to make., But all the snowmobilers with four strokes swear by him. Who am I to tell a oil refinery engineer anything about it! We don't rally with the booster- just dyno work looking for maximum gains. Makes the car stink, along with possible masking of $800 Lambda sensors and really doesn't help the car go faster like a good tire compound, with the right cuts on the outer blocks, and with two pounds less in the tire does! No matter what power you make you have to get it down through the gravel.

Exhaust Details?

2 for 1 again!

No Not even a picture!! You can see it in person at an event though! Nor details on the head flow changes- the guys who helped Engineer have astake in it as well, and we still have final tuning to do at the end of the year.- I will tell you that a Milletec exhaust flows well, but for our tracking purposes does not allow for best power tracking. You can literally see the tracking changes between banks being opposite - The 123/456 exhaust has two long/one short runners and one long/two short runners. The goal of our header was increased accuracy in tuning of the fuel timing and spark timing. If you are able to sense the banks as 135/246, each bank then has all the same port features. Now we can change port flow characteristics and know exactly what happened. The VR6 head is good but it can be better, and there are measurable differences with port sizes, leangths and how they affect flow through the head. Just the difference of time spent in the head, and getting out is a factor. We also needed more room around our custom steering rack/tunnel area.

So are you saying you've switched the activation points of the manifold and/or cams from the stock settings?? Again details and findings please.. If you have found for example that the engine responds more favorably to a different RPM changeover, it would be easy enough for us to come up with a way to change that point ourselves without having to ditch the stock ECU.

I don't know how our manifold shift points or curves for the VCT would work on a stock chipped/flashed ecu. Or, how ours even compares!
We found the best setting for our engine system, with our tuning of the variable cams, Engine internals, our fuel, etc. I Just don't know how we could tell you what anyone else should do.We don't do anything but our own stuff. Sorry. It is also illegal to do what we did in most places except Wyoming- No smog or EPA nothin.

Running a crank scraper?

yes, incorporated in baffle tray. To be honest, everything but dry sump is just a poor attempt at minimizing HP loss due to oil rope, and lube loss from aeration. Rally is just like Off road in that respect. Maybe someday, for now more $ in the engine is not a priority until we have either failures or sponsors!

I understand not wanting to mention brands since the big names didn't help you out...but again basic findings would help us normal guys out who are trying to hot-rod this engine NA. Things like "the exhaust ports showed worthwhile gains" or "found favorable results with XXX/XXX cam durations (or lift). I myself feel the engine should be quite able to tolerate larger cams than what is currently on the market (268in/264ex) --- I'd certainly like to see the chart if just to compare to my own (in sig) that is simple bolt-ons at this point. My email is [email protected] if you want to send it, I'll keep it private.

Yet another twofer!
It will tolerate some larger cams - and the stock springs are good to just under 8000 rpm. But for how long?! Got to be willing to expose the case to find out how BIG you can go, don't you?
We don't drag race- we rally, so we need all the widepowerband torque we can get, with logevity and durability! We need to outlast the high powered, big money Subaru's, and we need every spare engine we have!
We invested thousands upon thousands to tune our engines, for what we do. To be frank our spec is our spec. it is probably useless for you unless we were selling it, or if you wanted to pay thousands to some of the engineeers we hired and worked with to do these specific things.
We are Rally Racers before we are Engine Tuners. Everything we do is poured down the rally funnel. We also race for charity and we are near broke all the time!! and probably won't be testing products for the benefit of just comparing things. We are still very much learning also. We are suely not experts! We don't know alot about all the different competeing stuff out there. We go off our own experience. We are usually very busy fixing the car from rally damage, redesigning for less rally damage and working to pay for parts to get all this stuff done! I do wish I had time to spend on the dyno finding more power in my spare time. Becoming a better tire cutter would be a more effecient use anyway!
We are just trying to get the most out of our VR6's without sacrificing reliability. The same thing most aftermarket companies are doing. With that said, truly, the bolt on mods, cams etc. that are out there are good products. Going off our engine dyno runs most of them are a minimum 5+ % over-entusiastic on Hp gains.

I hope that helps- and sorry for the spelling mistakes.
Brian

img001.jpg

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
  • Neuauflage des Rallye-Golf Beitrag #32
Oliver
Schade, der thread-Titel hat auf anderes hoffen lassen...

Wird eigentlich der richtige Rallye-Golf irgendwo noch gebaut? Mexiko oder so?

• Neuauflage des Rallye-Golf Beitrag #33
Oliver
Nein, es gibt ca. noch 350 Stk.

Teile sind auch nur noch sehr schwer zu bekommen oder gar nicht mehr.:(

Schade. Das war der beste Wagen, den ich je hatte. Wenn mir vor 8 Jahren diese dumme Frau nicht reingefahren wäre, hätte ich ihn vermutlich heute noch. :(

Thema:

Neuauflage des Rallye-Golf